Welcome to ProvenWrite | Italian to English Translations
ProvenWrite’s Wendell Ricketts has been a working Italian-to-English translator since 1998. In addition to literally hundreds of product catalogs, web sites, tourist brochures, and other texts in a wide variety of fields, he is the translator of Born This Way: Friends, Colleagues, and Coworkers Recall Gia Carangi, the Supermodel Who Defined an Era (Sacha Lanvin Baumann, 2016); Communicating Success: Public Relations with an Italian Flair (Tiziana Rocca, 2007); The Wrong Door: The Complete Plays of Natalia Ginzburg (U. Toronto Press, 2008); Vestitio Regis: The Adornment of the Volto Santo, Lucca’s Crucifixof the “Holy Countenance” (Maria Pacini Fazzi, 2014); Those Incredible “Blues”: The Soccer Ball Tells the Story of Italy’s World Champs (Moruzzi’s Group, 2014); Twenty Cigarettes in Nasiriyah (Francesco Trento & Aureliano Amadei, 2014); The Naples Chef Cooks: Pasta & First Courses—51 Italian Recipes (Sergio Corbino, 2008); Trilobites: The Back To The Past Museum Guide (Enrico Bonino & Carlo Kier, 2010); Olive Oil and the Mediterranean (Carlo Solito, 2006); Woman Bites Dog: The Mafia’s War on Italian Women Journalists (Informant, 2013); Cher Upon A Midnight Clear (Matteo B. Bianchi, 2014); and many other publications. He has also translated two books as yet unpublished in English: Generations of Love (novel, Matteo B. Bianchi) and Around Three O’Clock (novel, Andrej Longo). View samples of his translations here.
He is experienced in the translation, editing, and revision of:
- fiction, theatrical texts and poetry;
- Exhibition catalogs, art books/coffee-table books;
- TV scripts and subtitling (animation, children’s programming, and documentaries, among others);
- marketing and publicity/promotional materials, including newsletters and websites, for use at trade shows and by museums, hotels and convention centers, restaurants and wineries, and other tourist destinations;
- legal documents, including contracts, correspondence, leases, immigration- and visa-related materials, etc.;
- technical manuals for the manufacturing, building, and production sectors;
- CVs, university documents and transcripts, certificates, letters of presentation;
- and a wide range of materials in the areas of finance, politics, art, medicine, architecture, the humanities, and the sciences for clients from the business, manufacturing, entertainment, academic, and private sectors.
He holds a Master’s degree in English Language & Literature/Creative Writing, and his own work has been published in more than 60 books, magazines, and newspapers, as well as online.
- Member, Northwest Translators & Interpreters Society.
- Winner, 2000 PEN American Center Renato Poggioli Translation Award for translation from Italian.
- Master’s degree in English language and literature with specialty in creative writing.
- Certified in Italian at the C2 (Mastery) Level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CERF) by the Università per Stranieri (University for Foreigners), Perugia, Italy, 2010.
- Experienced instructor of English language and literature, computer-skills, Business English and Writing for Business.
- More than thirty-six years’ experience in the writing of fiction and nonfiction, book and magazine publishing and editing, proofreading, preparation of copy for publication, desktop and ‘zine publishing.
Translations prepared for (names are provided solely for the purpose of describing the scope of my work):
3moretti/Gruppo Bonomo SpA; Accademia del Lusso; Animundi Cartoon Studio; Azienda Agricola Aureli; Borgo La Bagnaia; Cartoline.it; Centro per l’Arte Contemporanea Luigi Pecci; Cioccolato Amedei Tuscany; Coesia Group; Conceria Superior SpA; Concreta/DIESIS SrL; DisneyItalia; DMR Consulting Group; Effepimarmi ExclusivePianos/Laura de Nadai; Fabrica (Benetton); FederParchi; FederTerme; Fila Industria Chimica; Filippi Lido SrL; Fondazione Culturale Responsabilità Etica; Garfloor/Gardenia Group; Gazzotti SpA; Gruppo Conciario Vecchia Toscana SpA; Gruppo Industrie del Mobile (GIMO); Hildegard von Bingen Women’s Chorus; Huhnseal SrL; InformaAzione/Edizioni 3P; InterPuls; Italian Pavilion-Expo Zaragoza 2008; Lettieri/MFL SrL; Luoghi Speciali/Assisi Resort SrL; Mapei SpA; Marella Ferrera; Marie Claire International; Mariner Rubinetterie; MARKAUDIO/Parsek SrL; Max Mara; McLouis/Società Europea AutocaravanSpA; Meccanotecnica Umbra; Mirage Granito Ceramico SpA; Mod’…Art Cucine; Modenatur/Motor Site Muracel SrL; Mosaicfilm.com; Museo del Legno (Ponsacco); Nexera; NoemaLife Group; Ombrellificio Poggesi; PosteItaliane; Powergres; RAI Television; Recalcati Multimedia; “Ritorno al Barocco: Da Caravaggio a Vanvitelli” exhibition (Naples); Rosa Chà; Signorini & Coco Mobili d’Arte; Sindacato Traduttori Editoriali (STradE); Sistema Museale Med-Aniene Sistemi Integrati Territoriali (S.IN.TER. SrL); SoluCorp Industries; Spoleto52-Festival dei 2 Mondi; Studio Soligo Arte Contemporanea; Tegola Canadese; The Queimada Agency; Tubiplast; University of Basel; University of Florence University of Milan-Bicocca; Vibrisse Art Studio; XTEL SrL; Z. Bavelloni SpA
Read the article “My Philosophy of Translation.”
You must be logged in to post a comment.