- Into my native language ...
the way professional
translation is done!
~ Short stories by Daniele De Serto: “¡Mexico!” (Hawai’i Pacific Review, 30 April 2020) and “A Fine and Handsome Scar” Portland Review 64: 76-80.
~ “The Lost Language of Crane Operators” (from Generations of Love by Matteo B. Bianchi). Words Without Borders, June 2019.
~ La canzone di Orfeo (A Song for Ella Grey) by David Almond, a co-translation of the novel with Giuseppe Iacobacci. Milan, Italy: Salani, 2018.
~ “Erasmus of Rotterdam in Print: The Question of Reputation (1514-1521).” In K. Eisenbichler, Ed., Collaboration, Conflict, and Continuity in the Reformation, 2014. (Valentina Sebastiani)
~ Cher Upon A Midnight Clear (Matteo B. Bianchi). FourCats Press, 2014. A Christmas fable for children of all ages!
~ Twenty Cigarettes in Nasiriyah: A Memoir (Francesco Trento & Aureliano Amadei). FourCats Press, 2014.
~ World Literature Today, November 2013. Excerpts from Nessuno è indispensabile (Peppe Fiore) and Il mondo deve sapere (Michela Murgia), “The Ranks of Winners.”
~ Woman Bites Dog: The Mafia’s War on Italian Women Journalists (Gerardo Adinolfi).
Search ProvenWrite[ ProvenWrite Recommends / ProvenWrite Raccomanda ]
Join 77 other followers
- Moving Beyond “Garbage In-Garbage Out” Translations: A Conversation with Wendell Ricketts
- Please Mind the Gap: Defending English against "Passive" Translation
- Ten (Good) Reasons To Hire a Translator Directly … and Say Goodbye to Translation Agencies
- Dieci (buoni) motivi per rivolgervi direttamente a un traduttore … e dire addio alle agenzie di traduzione
- Toxic Translation: A Twelve-Step Program for Self-Injuring Translators
- Tradução tóxica: Um programa de doze passos para tradutores masoquistas
- Professional Standards for Written Translations in English: A Petition
- Inglisc: Mèd Een Eetaly
No Peanuts! for Translators
Tag Archives: Il Proclama
“The Edict” by Giovannino Guareschi English translation of “Il Proclama” © Wendell Ricketts. The hour had grown late when Old Barchini, the village stationer, presented himself at the rectory. Barchini, who happened to possess two crates of movable type and … Continue reading